Family Inceptions Blog
- Family Inceptions Blog
Have you ever been described as compassionate, generous or caring? Are you constantly being thanked for your help? Do you want to make a wonderful contribution to someone else’s life? Do you enjoy being pregnant? If you answered yes to these four questions, then you might be that special kind of person who could possibly give the greatest gift ever: the gift of life.
Think back and remember the joy and excitement you experienced when you felt your own baby kick for the first time. As your child grew, you realized how precious he was and how fortunate you were as a mother. By becoming a gestational surrogate, you can help build a family for couples or individuals who are not able to conceive or carry a baby on their own. Family Inceptions would like to assist you in the gratifying opportunity of becoming a surrogate by providing you with the fundamental building blocks of the surrogacy process.
For the month of September, Family Inceptions School is in Session and we want to educate you on the basics of how to become a surrogate. The school bell has rung so grab your seat and get ready to learn the ABC’S: Application process, Benefits of becoming a surrogate and Compensation for carrying!
Application Process: To become a Gestational Surrogate, we at Family Inceptions need to learn some information about your personal and medical history. Our knowledge of your health and medical history allows us to determine if you are compatible with the surrogacy process for Gestational Surrogacy so that it will not involve any increased risks for you. This will also help us to match you to an appropriate recipient.
First, you should know what the requirements are for becoming a surrogate. You must fulfill the following criteria:
● Must be between the ages of 21-40.
● Delivered at least one healthy child that you yourself has raised or is raising.
● No prior pregnancy complications - No deliveries before 35 weeks-unless delivered twins or more.
● No more than 2 c-sections
● No more than 5 deliveries
● Provide proof of support person.
● A willingness to be completely committed to the Intended Parents.
● Adherence to our strict screening and counseling protocol.
● Have a stable financial base - Not receiving any form of government assistance (State funded insurance, Food stamps, WIC, Housing, AFDC)
● Clear a criminal background checks
● Non-Smoker and non-drug user
● Reliable form of transportation.
● U.S. citizenship or permanent residency status.
● Meet height and weight guidelines for your body mass index (BMI).
● Able to provide medical records to clinic.
● Must be willing to undergo a psychological evaluation
● Medical testing will be required of both you and your husband/partner.
● Absence of any active sexually transmitted diseases, cancer, substance abuse, significant medication use, and prior chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
● Willing to do a home assessment.
Benefits of Becoming a Surrogate: As humans, we express the pro-social behavior of helping that is often motivated by empathy. If your heart goes out to individuals who cannot have children of their own, you can help by becoming a gestational surrogate. There is an emotional reward in helping someone’s dream of parenthood become a reality by carrying their child. Going through pregnancy and childbirth to allow another couple to fulfill a dream of becoming parents is a life changing experience. You will forge lifelong bonds and friendships with your intended parents along the way. Being a gestational surrogate is admirable and you will undergo a renewed sense of confidence and fulfillment from your generosity. You are deciding to give someone a gift that is incomparable to any other gift: the gift of a future.
Compensation for Carrying: A price tag cannot be placed on the miracle that you are preparing to gift to another family. However, as a surrogate you would receive monetary compensation for your services. The amount that you could receive as a gestational surrogate varies based on circumstances, yet you do have the potential to receive approximately $35,000 - $50,000. The national average for compensation ranges from $25,000 and $50,000 depending on experience level.
You are not expected to pay anything out of pocket. Your intended parents would attentively take care of expenses that you would incur during your pregnancy. So, unlike your own previous pregnancy, you would not have to worry about the cost of maternity clothes or health insurance. As you graciously assist in building someone else’s family, this opportunity will also allow you to enhance your own family’s quality of life. You could put a down payment on your first home, remodel your current home or even save the money for your own children’s college education.
Thank you for the wonderful gift you are considering giving. To learn more and take that first step, please contact us now by calling us at 844-404-BABY or filling this out https://www.familyinceptions.com/contact
Written By: Family InceptionsTags: gestational carrier, gestational surrogates, gestational surrogacy, Surrogacy, surrogacy agency
Family Inceptions is a full-service egg donation and surrogacy agency. We offer paths to parenthood via both egg donation and surrogates, offering matching services, as well as support through the pre-embryo transfer period, pregnancy, and post-natal period.
Our passion is not only to help build families, but also to holistically support and empower all involved in this miracle-working processes.