Family Inceptions Blog
- Family Inceptions Blog
You’ve decided you want to become a gestational surrogate, now what? Is it best to match with an agency or should you find your intended parents independently?
Recently, many people have started turning to the internet for a wide variety of do-it-yourself projects. An endless amount of advice exists for everything from growing your own vegetable garden to homeschooling your children.
However, when it comes to infertility, the DIY route may result in undue amounts of stress and frustration. Going through a reputable agency like Family Inceptions will ensure that all parties involved are protected from scams.
Matching through a surrogacy agency if:
• You’re a first time surrogate: You are unsure about how to start or find intended parents for your journey
• Support & Guidance: You would like help, guidance, counseling and support, readily available and throughout the entire process including the pregnancy and delivery
• Matching: You are insecure about interviewing and negotiating compensation directly with the intended parents
• Advocate: You like that there is someone else ensuring your best interest is paramount.
• Legal: You’re not sure about what all should be included in your contract with your intended parents
• Security peace of mind: you want to make sure your intended parents can afford the journey and that they will be there to get the baby
• Professional referrals: You want to make sure all the professionals that will assist you in your journey are experienced and understand the process
Matching independently if:
• Experienced surrogate: You've already done a successful journey and know the time and commitment it takes to complete a successful journey
• No middleman: you like the idea of organizing every aspect of the surrogacy journey on your own including interviewing the intended parents, matching, medical, and compensation negotiation
• Saving money: You want to help the intended parents save money
• Complications/Disagreements: You are confidant you can handle any issues that arises between you and your intended parents
• Compensation: Just because you decide to go independently, does not mean you are going to get a higher compensation
Interested in learning more? Please be sure to come back for Week Four of our series where I will review the criteria intended parents look for. If you can’t wait for next week, you can fill out familyinceptions.com/contact or call 844-404-BABY.
Written By: Eloise DraneTags: Surrogacy, gestational carrier, gestational surrogacy, gestational surrogates, surrogacy agencyReturn to Blog Articles
Family Inceptions is a full-service agency with decades of first-hand experience. Well respected in the assisted reproductive technologies (ART) field, Family Inceptions is dedicated to operating with ethical practices, kindness, and compassion at the heart of every decision we make.
Blending the expertise and skill of a mega-agency with the compassionate one-on-one attention of a boutique agency, we offer efficient service without ever compromising excellent customer service, personalization, or flexibility to each client’s unique wants, needs, and opinions.