Requirements to Become an Egg Donor
- Are between the ages of 20 and 29
- Are currently attending or completed a degree through a 4-year accredited college/university
- A minimum GPA of 2.5
- Are in good health, including:
- No Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- No family history of genetic diseases.
- Not have any psychiatric illness, on antidepressant medication or undergoing treatment for depression including no family history of mental illness
- Healthy Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Non-tobacco user, non-drug user and is not alcohol dependent
- Cannot be on or have had the Depo-Provera shot or the Implanon/Nexplanon implant for at least 12 months
- Not a carrier of the gene or genetic mutation for certain diseases or syndromes (i.e. Tay-Sachs, Sickle Cell Anemia, Cystic Fibrosis).
- Have flexibility in your schedule to attend all doctors’ appointments (morning appointments)
- Have not acquired any tattoos, piercings, or blood transfusions in the past 12 months
- Are able and willing to administer injections yourself or have someone who can do this for you
- Have reliable transportation